Apart from all the dreadful issues like getting germs, dirt, and debris over the jewelry collection, store there are certain things we never want to lose, especially when it’s about our favorite jewelry pieces.
So storing your jewelry collection is one of the essential factors you should consider while investing in expensive jewelry items. Keeping your jewelry safe is the ultimate thing that most of us want, store as we ladies can’t live without wearing these chic accessories.
Don’t just clean your jewelry, store instead make sure to keep the jewelry maintained and updated with the perfect shine and luster. jewelry collection
How to store your jewelry collection?
For Hard Stones
Yoru silver jewelry may contain both hard or soft gemstones. The cleaning process for hard gemstones is different from the ones for soft stones and their storage process. Hence, store you need to know about it so that you can keep your accessories safe and clean.
- To clean diamonds, sapphires, and rubies, you can use mild dishwashing soap with warm water to cleanse after every few days. You can clean them daily in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. The step will sterilize them.
- Dip them in the cleaning agent for a few minutes once a month if you want to deep clean and prevent tarnish.
- For storing the jewelry with hard stones, it’s best to keep them separate and wrap them individually so that there are no scratches, loss of luster, and damage to the fine jewelry collection.
For Soft Stones
Soft stones are different from hard ones and can be more prone to damage. Frequent washing and deep cleaning may destroy the beauty and texture. Therefore, store you have to be careful. jewelry collection
- Use water at room temperature. Too high or too low temperatures of water may cause harm to your jewelry soft stones.
- Don’t go for harsh chemical agents.
- Prefer simple deep cleaning.
- Use a damp, soft, polishing cloth to clean your soft stone jewelry regularly and adequately.
- For storing the jewelry collection with soft stones, it’s best advised to keep them away from a humid environment. Make sure to dry off your jewelry pieces completely after cleaning and then storing them in airtight bags, ziplock bags, or places with anti-tarnish strips.
- Make sure to keep the jewelry separate in terms of metals and stone or gem type. Keep metals separately from one another as it enhances the tarnish process with the interaction between different metals.
Things to Use for Easy Storage of Jewelry
Apart from simple cleaning tips and tricks for your regular use of jewelry items, store jewelry collection there are modern and convenient ways to store them properly.
- High humidity results in a speedy tarnishing reaction over the jewelry. If you stay in a humid environment, this can speed up the tarnish process. Try using a dehumidifier that allows you to store the jewelry properly. You can make use of silica packets or a jewelry box that keeps your jewelry away from moisture allowing proper storage for your jewelry collection.
- Avoid keeping the jewelry pieces on racks or open dressers, resulting in a darkening effect on the jewelry. Keep your jewelry at a constant temperature because it keeps your jewelry correctly safe.
- You can store your silver jewelry in a box lined using felt. This lining helps in the absorption of excess moisture, which prevents any premature tarnishing. You can store large pieces separately in wrapped bags or felt pouches within silver polishing cloth, which limits any exposure to air.
- Keep your jewelry adequately stored away from direct exposure to sunlight because UV rays damage the fine jewelry pieces. Store your jewelry separately so that they are not in contact with each other preventing any scratches.
- Keep your silver jewelry with pearls within the wooden box having felt lining. Avoid keeping pearl jewelry in plastic bags as plastic easily interacts with pearls leading to detrimental effects.
- Store the necklaces using simple twist ties, which prevent them from being tangled. You can buy a jewelry holder where you can store all your necklaces or earrings.
- Whatever storage techniques you use, make sure to get them regularly polished at least two times a year to avoid any dullness and maintain the shine. jewelry collection
- Store all your similar items in one place but keep them separate using Ziploc bags or silica gel packs.
- Use anti-tarnish paper or tissue paper to store the jewelry pieces separately, which can lead to tarnishing.
- You can also utilize activated charcoal for storing silver jewelry pieces in airtight bags. Using charcoal prevents the interaction between jewelry and air, preventing it from tarnish or dullness.
- Keep your jewelry away from chemically treated surfaces like wooden furniture or drawers directly as this results in interaction between two different surfaces leading to speedy tarnish reaction.
- To absorb excess moisture plus chemical residue from your fine jewelry collection, you can store them with chalk which helps in keeping the jewelry pieces safe without any loss of luster and shine.
- Once you are done wearing the jewelry, take them off and store them safely, as interaction with humidity can result in chemical reactions causing your jewelry to wear off. Avoid swimming in hot water, tubs, showers, or swimming pools, as this can result in a speedy oxidation reaction causing the jewelry to tarnish eventually.
- Clean your silver jewelry properly using a polishing cloth that prevents it from any tarnish.
It is pretty tough to clean and maintain your daily wear accessories, plus storing them properly to maintain the luster of these pieces. Make sure to use the right product and store jewelry collection choose the suitable procedure according to your jewelry and stone type to store the accessories.
Deep cleaning and simple regular maintenance with proper storage techniques help keep the jewelry in an updated finish without any signs of tarnish.
To save your jewelry pieces against any tarnish and rust, store dive in now to find out how to store the jewelry collection. Keep your jewelry pieces safe and protected now with proper storage techniques.